Ingredients / Glossary
The following are the ingredients that formulate Kinksology's professional curly hair products. We've made this list in order to educate you in what these ingredients are and the benefits they provide for your hair.
Oil pressed from Avocado fruit, which contains 20% essential unsaturated fatty acids, Vitamins A, B, C and E, proteins, lecithin and potassium.
• Nourish and strengthens hair root
• Prevents hair
• Moisturizes hair
• Helps treat dandruff
• Adds shine to hair
• Great for detangling due to lubricating nature
Water soluble protein derived from wheat that penetrates the cortex of each strand.
• Strengthens and moisturizes hair
• Increase hair strands' ability to receive and maintain moisture
A succulent plant, typically having a rosette of toothed fleshy leaves and bell-shaped or tubular flowers on long stems. Native to the Old World tropics, several species are cultivated commercially or as ornamentals.
• Relieves Scalp Itching
• Reduces Scalp Redness & Inflammation
• Strenghtens hair
• pH Balancing
• Promotes Hair Growth
• Heals Scalps Affected By Psoriasis & Seborrhoea
• Easily Penetrates Hair & Scalp
• Anti- Fungal Properties Alleviates Dandruff
• Helps Hair Retain Water & Moisture
A fatty alcohol deriving from plants (palm oil-palmityl alcohol). It comes in the form of a white, waxy solid. It works as an emollient, emulsifier, thickener and carrying agent for other ingredients contained in a cosmetic solution. It helps alter the viscosity and increase the foaming capacity of aqueous solutions such as shampoo thus helping condition and soften hair.
A volatile oil from fresh overground parts of the flowering plant of peppermint (Mentha piperita); used as a flavoring agent for medicines and as a gastric stimulant and carminative.
• Itchy scalp and dandruff relief
• Bolsters your scalp’s health by clearing out dead skin and bacteria
• pH balancing effects can help return you scalp to its normal level of oil, or sebum, production thus relieving a range of ailments like acne
• Strengthens your roots and encourages the stimulation of hair growth
Powder made from roasted, husked, and ground seeds of the cacao, Theobroma cacao, from which much of the fat has been removed.
• Helps increase blood circulation in your scalp, increasing the growth of healthy and lustrous locks. As it also acts as a circulation booster, it helps in reducing hair loss.
• Helps in improving overall health of the hair. It can help you get that dream voluminous and super glossy hair!
• Has anti-inflammatory properties, which helps in minimizing the odds of getting scalp infections.
Derived from the fatty acids from coconut oil and monoethanolamine (MEA). In cosmetics and personal care products, Cocamide MEA is used in the formulation of bath soaps and shampoo.
• Increases foaming capacity and/or stabilizes foam
• Thickens the water portion of cosmetic and personal care products
Keep an emulsion from separating into its oil and liquid components. These ingredients are also used to alter the thickness of liquid products and to increase foaming capacity or to stabilize foams.
A colourless to yellow or reddish pungent essential oil obtained from allspice and used chiefly in flavouring—also called Allspice oil.
• Prevents hair loss
• Helps open blocked pores of the scalp and into the hair roots
• Helps hair feel softer and silkier
Extracted from an evergreen Australasian tree having aromatic evergreen leaves that have medicinal properties.
• Improves blood flow to the scalp and promotes hair to shine. Hair follicle development is aroused, as blood is urged to circulate throughout this region
• Helps remove the build-up of germs in hair follicles internally while naturally moisturizing and soothing the skin surrounding the follicles to relief dry scalp
• Removes fungal and bacterial development within the top layers of the hair and scalp follicles when massaged gently into the scalp
White, semisolid fat or nearly colourless fatty oil extracted from coconuts, used chiefly in foods and cosmetics.
• Stimulates hair growth getting deep into its follicles
• Promotes the scalp health fighting against such problems as insect bites, lice and dandruff
• Moisturizes dry hair
• Adds luster, shine and softness to the hair
• Prevents hair breakage and split ends, contributing to hair length
• Slows down hair loss
• Coconut oil has numerous uses along with many benefits, read a more dedicated list here at here at healthambition.com.
An organic acid that is widely distributed in plants and animals which is commonly used in cosmetics and personal care products to help preserve them by chelating (complexing) metals and adjust their acid/base balance.
Mixtures of long chain sulfonate salts prepared by the sulfonation of alpha olefins. It cleans the skin and hair by helping water to mix with oil and dirt so that they can be rinsed away.